Published: 08:55, 24 August 2019
| Updated: 13:51, 27 August 2019
A popular weekly 5k running session in Deal has been called off after travellers parked up near the route.
Organisers cancelled this morning's Walmer and Deal Seafront parkrun after caravans arrived on The Green.
Hundreds of runners were expecting to start at 9am but were told "it's just not safe for us to run".
Although not directly on the course, there were concerns about the vehicles moving or more turning up.
The run, part of a nationwide network of free 5k runs held every Saturday morning, is organised by volunteers.
The course follows the prom to Deal Pier then turns back towards Walmer Castle, before returning to the start.
Last week, 250 people took part.
A spokesman said: "Police were notified of a traveller incursion in Kingsdown Road, Walmer at 9.08pm on Friday, 23 August 2019.
"Officers have regularly attended the site and monitored the situation. They are also liaising with the local authority over the matter."
On Wednesday, travellers pitched up at Princes Park in Hythe and the council said legal action would be taken if they did not move on.
And last week, a number of travellers' vans parked up next to a multi-million pound leisure complex in Ashford.
Read more: For all the latest news from Deal, click here.