Published: 00:01, 23 March 2019
New exhibits herald a new season for Dover Transport Museum.
One of the most detailed new displays is of the bus firm the East Kent Road Car Company, which began in 1916.
Displays included model buses and a full-size reproduction of a decades-old old ticket office.
The interior shows a clerk using a typewriter. Another display shows a bus stop for the 104 and 108 services at Folkestone.
Cars introduced to the museum include an Austin A90 Atlantic, made at the turn of the Forties and Fifties and a 1948 MG TC.
More features have been added to the Dover tram system display.
The changes are for the start of the museum’s summer season when it is open three days a week instead of one.
This began last Saturday and Sunday and the museum, in Willingdon Road, Whitfield, can also be visited on Wednesdays, including today from 10.30am-5pm.
This continues until October 30. The museum then returns to Sunday openings only until next March.
Dover Transport Museum is is a registered charity and the only museum of its kind in Kent.
It is home to many forms of vintage transport such as AEC reliance coach, from the turn of the Fifties and Sixties, A 1929 Dennis minibus.
In addition there is a 1949 Series 1 Land Rover and a 1969/70 Morris Minor police car.
There is also a large model railway and a display of bicycles and motorbikes from Norman Cycles, a company that began in Ashford in 1920 and continued until 1961.
The museum has been providing vehicles for displays at the Port of Dover’s White Cliffs Christmas event since 2016.
In addition it provided items such as a coffin carrier for the Canterbury Marlowe Theatre’s production Return of the Unknown Soldier.
This was performed over four days up to last November 11, to mark the centenary of the ending of the First World War.