Home   Dover   News   Article

Men of 24 and 54 hurt in tumble dryer fire, Melbourne Avenue, Dover

By Sam Lennon

Two men were hurt after a tumble dryer caught light.

Firefighters were called to the incident at a home Melbourne Avenue, Dover, at exactly 11.27am today (Wednesday).

A man of 24 suffered a burned hand and a 54-year-old man endured smoke inhalation.

Firefighters were called to the scene. Stock picture
Firefighters were called to the scene. Stock picture

Both were treated by paramedics.

Firefighters put out the flames and removed the machine from the property.

There was no other damage and the one fire engine called out left at exactly 12.17pm.

A spokesman for South East Coast Ambulance Service said: "Ambulance crews attended but everyone was discharged at the scene."

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Follow us

Like Us on Facebook

Most popular

Kent Travel News

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More