Published: 13:07, 10 May 2019
| Updated: 16:56, 10 May 2019
Fire crews were forced to close a road as they tackled a chimney blaze at a popular pub.
Two fire engines and a height vehicle were sent to the Phoenix Tavern in Abbey Street in Faversham at about 10.50am.
The road was shut while officers used chimney gear and a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire, believed to be caused by a build-up of soot.
Fire crews at the scene in Abbey Street, Faversham
No casualties were reported, and crews left the scene shortly after 12.30pm.
A fire spokesman said: "The cause of fire was believed to be due to a build-up of soot in the chimney.
"Two fire engines and a height vehicle were in attendance. Crews used chimney gear and a high-pressure hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.
"Following the incident, firefighters are urging owners of properties with chimneys or wood burners to have them swept and inspected regularly to reduce the risk of a fire.
Police assisted the fire service by enforcing a road closure.
A spokesman said: "Police received a report that a premises in Abbey Street, Faversham, was alight at 11.18am.
"Officers provided assistance to Kent Fire and Rescue Service crews by enforcing a road closure."