Published: 10:10, 02 December 2020
| Updated: 10:32, 02 December 2020
A puppy gave his owners a fright by accidentally turning on the oven hob and causing a minor blaze.
Mac, a six-month-old cocker-jack, was left alone in the kitchen of a Faversham home when he knocked into the cooker.
A laundry basket which had been placed on top of the oven then began to smoke.
Had it not been for neighbours hearing the smoke alarms, the blaze could easily have spread and the situation made much worse.
Cute pup Mac was thankfully unharmed following yesterday morning's incident.
The fire service has since issued guidance warning residents to never leave non-cooking related items on the hob.
They have also reminded pet owners to keep animals away from cooking appliances, and to ensure they have at least one working smoke alarm on every level of their home.