Published: 09:00, 09 March 2016
| Updated: 09:21, 09 March 2016
A mobile phone exploded and sparked a fire in a campervan, causing extensive damage.
Crews were called shortly before 10.25pm yesterday to reports the vehicle was on fire in Canterbury Road in Densole, near Folkestone.
It is thought the fire was caused when a mobile phone overheated, causing its battery to explode.
This set fire to furnishings within the campervan and the inside the vehicle.
Firefighters were at the scene for around 20 minutes and used breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to put out the flames.
They also isolated vehicle batters and a gas bottle to ensure the scene was safe.
A spokesman said the fire caused "extensive damage" to the campervan.
The fire came at the height of the blaze at the former Onyx nightclub on Folkestone seafront.