Home   Gravesend   News   Article

Fire crews called to Rose Avenue, Gravesend, after candle starts fire

Firefighters were called to a bedroom fire which started because of a candle on a shelf.

Crews were called to Rose Avenue, Gravesend, at 10.30pm last night after it's thought the candle had caught fire to nearby combustible materials, such as paper or plastic.

Firefighters were called to Rose Avenue in Gravesend last night. Picture: Google
Firefighters were called to Rose Avenue in Gravesend last night. Picture: Google

On arrival, two people were stood outside the house as the smoke alarm was sounding.

They were checked over by ambulance staff for smoke inhalation, but no injuries were reported.

Now, the fire service is urging residents to take care when using candles.

They suggest candles be fitted in a holder and placed on a non-flammable surface, shouldn't be left unattended when burning and to be placed away from curtains, clothing, or plants which could catch fire.

All candles should also be extinguished before going to bed.

Read more: All the latest news from Gravesend


More by this author


Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More