Published: 07:59, 19 March 2020
| Updated: 07:59, 19 March 2020
Homeowners have been reminded to get their chimneys cleaned after a blaze.
Firefighters were called to South Street, Meopham, last night to put out a chimney fire.
Two fire engines attended and crews used a fine spray of water called a fog spike to extinguish the flames.
No casualties were reported.
A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue said: "Following the incident, we are reminding people with chimneys in their homes and businesses to make sure they are regularly swept and maintained."
The fire was spotted just after 7pm. Fire crews spent an hour at the scene.
More by this authorJohn Nurden
This website and its associated newspaper are members of the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO)