Home   Gravesend   News   Article

Chimney fire in South Street, Meopham

Homeowners have been reminded to get their chimneys cleaned after a blaze.

Firefighters were called to South Street, Meopham, last night to put out a chimney fire.

Chimney fire in South Street, Meopham. Picture: Google (31939886)
Chimney fire in South Street, Meopham. Picture: Google (31939886)

Two fire engines attended and crews used a fine spray of water called a fog spike to extinguish the flames.

No casualties were reported.

A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue said: "Following the incident, we are reminding people with chimneys in their homes and businesses to make sure they are regularly swept and maintained."

The fire was spotted just after 7pm. Fire crews spent an hour at the scene.

To keep up-to-date with fire stories and advice across Kent and Medway, click here.

Read more: All the latest news from Gravesend

Read more


More by this author


This website and its associated newspaper are members of the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO)

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More