Home   Gravesend   News   Article

Fire breaks out in Gravesend home after chimney heat sets bedroom alight


More news, no ads

LEARN MORE

Three fire crews were scrambled to a Gravesend home after a chimney fire set an upstairs bedroom alight.

The blaze broke out at around 8.50pm in Central Avenue.

Three fire crews were sent. Stock image
Three fire crews were sent. Stock image

It’s believed it started accidentally when radiated heat from the chimney ignited the floorboards of a bedroom, which spread to furniture and other items.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to extinguish the flames and stop the fire from spreading to neighbouring homes.

No casualties were reported.

Following the incident, the fire service is reminding people with open fires and log burners to ensure chimneys and flues are maintained and cleaned regularly to ensure everything is in good working order, and to clear any build-ups of soot.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More