Your location is set to Faversham
Published: 12:55, 12 September 2019
| Updated: 13:32, 12 September 2019
A McDonald's will hold a public consultation on new plans to open a drive-thru at one of its restaurants.
The fast-food chain wants to hear peoples' opinions on the Greenhithe plan at events running through September to October.
However, a letter sent to residents by store owner Paul Shaw has asked them to attend consultations later this month and next month to get feedback on revised plans he intends to submit.
In the letter he says he "took on all objections and concerns raised" by people in the area and the council.
An initial application for the store, which opened in 1988, was submitted last January and was rejected eight months later.
Original plans suggested rearranging the car park - from 35 spaces to 31 - and moving the cycle lanes.
'"Come visit us and see our exciting new plans..." - Paul Shaw
There were many objections to the application, with claims it would "cause a significant detrimental impact on the character and appearance of the area" and it would create a "cluttered and urbanised" appearance to the nearby St Mary's Church.
The McDonald's building dates back to the 1700s and was previously a pub known as The Railway Hotel.
There will be four sessions for the consultation held at store with two in the morning and two in the evening.
The sessions this month are Wednesday, September 25, from 3pm to 9pm, and Saturday, September 28, between 9am and 3pm.
If you want to share you views on the plans next month sessions are being held on Tuesday, October 1, from 3pm to 9pm and Saturday, October 5, between 9am and 3pm.
Paul Shaw said: "The sessions are open to all and there is no need to book. I do hope you will take the opportunity to come and visit us and see our exciting new plans."
For more information about the new proposal, or these events, you can call the McDonald's restaurant on 01322 624297.
More by this authorSean McPolin