Home   Gravesend   News   Article

Woman rescued by fire crews after kitchen fire in Valley Drive Gravesend

A woman was rescued by fire crews after her cooker set alight.

Two fire crews were called to the kitchen fire in Valley Drive, Gravesend, shortly after 8pm yesterday.

A woman in the property was suffering from smoke inhalation and fire crews gave her oxygen at the scene.

Two fire engines were called to the scene. Stock picture
Two fire engines were called to the scene. Stock picture

The house was said to be filled with smoke, which crews cleared with a ventilation fan.

It is believed the fire started due to burning oil and was confined mostly to the cooker and cooker hood.

Crews left the scene at 8.30pm last night and the house is said to be left with slight smoke damage.


More by this author


Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More