Published: 07:40, 13 October 2021
| Updated: 14:53, 13 October 2021
A self-styled YouTube prankster has denied trespassing charges after a pitch invasion during an England Test match - claiming he did not intend to stop the cricket.
Daniel Jarvis, from Gravesend, is said to have worn a cricket kit emblazoned with "Jarvo 69" on the back and collided with England batsman Jonny Bairstow at The Oval cricket ground.
Jarvis, 33, appeared at Croydon Magistrates' Court where he denied aggravated trespassing during the incident that is said to have taken place at the fourth test against India last month on September 3.
Prosecutor Frances McCormack said: "This incident took place on September 3 at Oval cricket ground.
"It is the Crown's case that as he stormed the pitch, he threw a ball and as he did so collided with player Jonathan Bairstow causing him to stumble and fall.
"As a result of the incident, the television broadcast which was taking place at the time had to be suspended until the defendant had to be removed from the pitch so the game could continue. There was significant disruption to the game.
"To enter the cricket pitch, you need authority and this defendant did not have the authority."
Bruce Reid, defending Jarvis, said while many of the facts were agreed, Jarvis "had no intention to commit any offence or to obstruct any activity as alleged."
Jarvis - wearing black tracksuit bottoms, a graphic T-shirt with a stylised skull and a dark grey hoodie - was given unconditional bail before trial on March 23 next year at Croydon Magistrates' Court.