Published: 06:00, 07 September 2021
| Updated: 15:08, 07 September 2021
A man who delivered important documents to crown courts in Kent has been convicted of raping a child.
But the 37-year-old, who worked for an external company which carried out work outsourced by the CPS, also preyed on a schoolgirl and kept a stash of illegal child images together with sex toys at his home, a jury heard.
They were not told of his links with the law during his trial at Maidstone Crown Court.
But they were told four sex dolls and a blue folder containing indecent images of children were found at his home.
Quenby, now of Church Lane, Ripple, Deal, pleaded not guilty to 12 rape and sex assault charges.
He now faces a sentence of more than 16 years - but Judge Philip St John Stevens has ordered reports assessing his dangerousness before formally passing sentence later this year.
Prosecutor Dominic Connolly told the court how in 2018 the victim was seen by her mother to be upset and was asked the reason why.
The young child explained to her what had happened.
He said: "Her mother was shocked and horrified. She asked if what she said was true and explained the seriousness of the allegation she was making and the child said it was."
Detectives had gone to his former home in East Street, Faversham, where they discovered three laptops, a MacBook and two iPads.
In April 2018 he was further quizzed by police and told them they would find deleted indecent images of children on his computer.
Mr Connolly added that Quenby said a decade earlier he was in a chat room, where the conversation was about sex.
He added: "He said that some of the participants were talking about having sex with children.
"Without asking, he was sent indecent images."
The prosecutor added that Quenby considered himself to be "asexual in that he wasn’t sexually interested in male or female."
"He has never had sex. He had never searched the internet for images of children but had searched for adult porn."
As the verdicts were delivered, Quenby turned to the public gallery where a member of his family sat but didn't say anything.
He was remanded into custody and will be sentenced on November 26 for the charges alongside possessing illegal child images, which he had earlier admitted.