Published: 06:00, 22 September 2020
| Updated: 20:48, 23 October 2020
An ever-growing number of schools in Kent have had to act fast in response to the threat of Covid-19.
Here are the schools across the county which have sent year group 'bubbles' home for two weeks or taken other measures to protect pupils.
The latest school to declare a confirmed case of Covid-19 is the Canterbury Academy which wrote to parents on Tuesday, October 6 to say that a teenager from a sixth former 'bubble' has tested positive.
It is the first school in the city to reveal a case and small number of pupils who were in close contact with the individual have been sent home and told to isolate for 14 days.
Students from Year 7 and above were asked to wear masks when they were not in class or outside at The John Wallis Church of England Academy, on Millbank Road.
This was after it was found a member of staff had tested positive for Covid-19 since they left work to isolate on September 11.
A Year 1 pupil from Repton Manor Primary School on Repton Avenue tested positive, after which 60 children and five staff in the same bubble were sent home. They were asked to self isolate for two weeks until Thursday, September 24.
At Victoria Road Primary School, a child from Year 6 tested positive for coronavirus. This lead to 55 pupils and eight teachers from Year 6 and Year 5 being asked to self isolate until Sunday, October 4.
An isolated case was detected at The Wye School , forcing all 72 pupils in its sixth form to study from home for a period starting on September 28.
On October 22, about 400 Year 7 pupils were ordered to stay home following a confirmed case at Homewood School - Kent's largest secondary.
A number of pupils at the North School were told to self-isolate after after a single confirmed case of coronavirus on Friday, October 23.
On September 14, it was confirmed an admin worker from Longfield Academy, on Main Road, tested positive for coronavirus. Pupils were not sent home as the staff member did not have close contact with them, but the school is staying vigilant for if more cases develop.
Pupils and staff from the Year 10 bubble at Wilmington Academy on Common Lane were sent home to self isolate for two weeks after a student tested positive. This was reported on September 18.
On September 22 Milestone Academy told its secondary school age pupils to self-isolate after a member of staff tested positive for coronavirus at the special needs academy.
Wilmington Girls Grammar School in Parsons Lane have sent home the entire of Year 11 after a student tested positive for covid.
A bubble of 27 pupils were sent home from Charlton Church of England Primary School on Barton Road after a Year 2 pupil tested positive on Thursday, September 17. Pupils have been sent remote work until their return on Friday, October 2.
Students at Harvey Grammar School were sent home after a pupil had a positive test for Covid-19. On September 22, head teacher Scott Norman said a 'very small number' of children would have to stay at home for 14 days.
Folkestone Academy confirmed a case on Tuesday, September 29.
A student and a teacher from Gravesend Grammar School for Boys on Church Walk tested positive for coronavirus. This led to all Year 10 pupils and a single Year 8 class being asked to stay home on Monday September 21, with some students who have been in direct contact with the confirmed case instructed to self-isolate for two weeks.
A small number of children were sent home to isolate from Brockhill Park Performing Arts College on Sandling Road after a case was confirmed there on Monday, September 21.
Maidstone Grammar School wrote to parents and carers to notify them a positive test had been recorded at the school on September 23.
A small number of children were believed to have been in "direct prolonged contact" with the confirmed case and each received a letter informing them to self-isolate for 14 days.
It came just three weeks after the school in Barton Road reopened.
The following day, a second positive test was confirmed and all students in Year 13 were told they had to self-isolate for two weeks.
The Maplesden Noakes School sent Year 8s home after a member of staff and a student tested positive. Parents were first alerted about the member of staff on Sunday October 11. On Thursday, October 15, the school revealed a further two pupils had tested positive.
Meanwhile, 30 Year 8 pupils at Maidstone Grammar School for Girls will remain at home until Wednesday, October 21.
On Thursday, October 15, parents were informed a member of staff at Five Acre Wood School in Boughton Lane, Maidstone, had tested positive for the virus.
As a result, a group of children have been told to isolate for 14 days and won't be able to return to school until after the half-term.
A Year 6 pupil tested positive at Valley Invicta Primary School on Teapot Lane. The year group's bubble was told to isolate for two weeks until Friday, September 18. One father to a pupil from that year said: "I don't feel like it's safe enough for the kids to be back in school."
Speedy action was taken at St Katherine's School, Snodland, when 10 pupils in Year 3 started showing symptoms of a persistent cough and temperature. Even before tests were taken, the entire Year 3 bubble was sent home to isolate and get tested as the Headteacher 'could not take any chances.'
All pupils at a school were sent home after two students tested positive for coronavirus.
Aylesford School required all students to work from home for two days on September 22 and 23 while the premises were deep cleaned after two students, one in Year 9 and another in Year 13, caught the virus. It reopened on September 24.
Parents were informed on Friday, September 25, that a staff member at St James the Great, East Malling, had tested positive for the virus.
On September 4, Strood Academy sent four staff members home after one of them tested positive for Covid-19.
The Year 11 bubble at Rainham Mark Grammar School on Pump Lane were told to isolate until Friday, October 2 after a confirmed case in the group.
Headtecher, Alan Moore said: "It was almost inevitable this was going to happen, I just wish it hadn't happened to the Year 11s who have exams this year and I hoped we would make it to half term."
Year 11 pupils were told to work from home on the evening of Sunday, September 20, after a Holcombe Grammar Schoo l pupil tested positive. All other pupils from the Letchworth Avenue school were allowed to return.
Three year groups across Brompton Academy in Gillingham and Chatham Girl's Grammar School were sent home after confirmed cases of Covid-19.
Year three and Year six from Napier Primary Academy in Beresford Lane were told to self isolate for two weeks after two confirmed cases.
Year 11 students were sent home for the remainder of Friday, September 20, after a pupil from The Victory Academy in Magpie Hill Road tested positive for Covid.
A class 'bubble' was sent home from the St Thomas of Canterbury Catholic Primary School on September 23 after a confirmed case of the virus.
The Rochester Maths School have asked 65 Year 13 students to self isolate after a positive case of Covid.
Year 3 pupils at the Cedar Children's Academy in Strood were sent home on October 14 after several children and staff tested positive, and the entire primary shut from Monday, October 19 for the rest of half-term to curb rising infection rates .
At Edenbridge Primary, children who were in close contact with a Year 2 pupil who tested positive were told to self isolate until Monday, September 21.
A "small" number of staff and one pupil at Valence School have tested positive for the virus.
Four bubbles at the Westerham school, which teaches children with physical disabilities and complex medical needs, are isolating until Friday, October 9.
At Rose Street Primary School, Sheerness, it was announced on October 1 133 pupils and eight members of staff had been forced to isolate after two employees tested positive.
On October 2 pupils at the island's Oasis Academy were told to isolate after a confirmed case of Covid-19.
A kitchen staff member tested positive for coronavirus at St George's Primary School in Minster and head teacher Howard Fisher asked parents and carers to provide their children with packed lunches from October 5 as the kitchen was closed as a result.
On October 8 a member of staff at Westlands School tested positive for Covid-19, and as a result the infected individual and one other member of staff who had been in close contact with them are now self-isolating for 14 days. Then, on October 15, executive head teacher Simon Cox said the secondary school had had five confirmed cases of coronavirus in total.
Four days later there has been three more confirmed cases at the school and all students in Year 10 and Year 12 have been told to isolate for 14 days.
On October 3, parents of pupils at The Sittingbourne School, formerly Sittingbourne Community College, were informed of a confirmed case in a pupil in Year 7, with his class and all those who travelled to the Swanstree Avenue site on the same bus from Sheppey on the morning of September 29 told to self isolate.
Borden Grammar School was the fifth school in the town to be hit by coronavirus, alerting parents on September 28 about a case in Year 9.
The immediate friend group of a Year 8 girl at Highsted Grammar School in Highsted Road were sent home on September 8 - with eight others in the bubble allowed to continue lessons. Parents said they were threatened with 'unauthorised absence' if they removed their child from school, but the grammar insists they are following 'explicit' instructions from Public Health England.
On the same day, Year 1 pupils from Bapchild and Tonge CofE Primary School in School Lane, were sent home for two weeks after a positive test from a pupil in the bubble.
Four staff members and 25 children from Year 5 were sent home from Hartlip Primary School on Wednesday, September 16 after a young girl tested positive. They were told to return on Thursday, October 1.
At South Avenue Primary School, Sittingbourne, 120 pupils were put into quarantine after two pupils tested positive.
And at St Peter's Catholic Primary School in West Ridge, Sittingbourne, a group of pupils and teachers were told to self isolate on September 6 after a Year 6 pupil tested positive.
There has also been a Covid-19 case at Westlands Primary School in Homewood Avenue, Sittingbourne, and a letter was sent to parents on September 8.
Five staff members and 25 pupils were sent home to isolate for two weeks from Ramsgates's Royal Harbour Academy Year 7 bubble. This came after a child was confirmed to have Covid-19 on Sunday, September 20.
More than 200 Year 7 pupils were sent home for two weeks from Tunbridge Wells Grammar School for Boys after a pupil's positive test came back on Tuesday, September 15. David Adams, Kent County Council's (KCC) education director, said the grammar has seen the "most significant" impact in September.
Benenden School , near Cranbrook, has been hit by 13 confirmed cases of Covid-19 this term. As a precaution around 140 girls at the school, which charges fees of £13,124 per term, have been told to isolate for 14 days.