Published: 00:00, 25 February 2005
A KENT schoolboy who raped a man three times in one afternoon has been sentenced to five years' detention.
Kenny Blair was 13 when he raped the 27-year-old man at his home in Strood on June 6 last year.
He was sentenced at the Royal Courts of Justice in London. The Press had originally been prevented from naming Blair who is now aged 14.
But the Medway Messenger newspaper successfully had the ban lifted after a High Court judge agreed it was in the public’s interest for people to know who Blair was.
Sentencing Blair, from Thorold Road, Chatham, Justice Henriques said the teenager had shown no remorse towards his victim during the trial and had called him a prat and an idiot during police interviews.
He said: “When you were 13-and-a-half you raped a 27-year-old man three times in one afternoon. The victim had severe learning difficulties and a low IQ and you were aware of that.
“You were able to behave as you did because you put him in fear. You threatened to kill him and your friend threatened to break his nose. After this sexual act you took him out and told him to rob a woman in the street.
“During the trial you showed no remorse and demonstrated a cockiness.”
Justice Henriques said Blair was a “danger to vulnerable people” and he should be named so the public would be able to protect themselves.
FULL STORY IN FRIDAY'S MEDWAY MESSENGER