Home   Kent   Sport   Article

Southern Counties East Premier Division round-up: Tunbridge Wells, Chatham Town, Sheppey United and Corinthian maintain winning start

Tunbridge Wells struck twice in stoppage-time to clinch the points against Punjab United.

It’s three wins from three now for Wells but it needed a 92nd minute penalty converted by Euan Sahadow and a 95th minute winner from Regan Corke to see off their midweek opponents 2-1.

Former K Sports man Regan Corke scored the midweek winner for Tunbridge Wells
Former K Sports man Regan Corke scored the midweek winner for Tunbridge Wells

George Goodwin’s 71st minute put United a goal up but the home side couldn’t hang on.

Chatham Town hit another hatful of goals in their comeback victory over Bearsted.

It’s 14 goals from three games for the star-studded side and they scored four in a 12 minute spell late on to recover from a 2-1 deficit, winning 5-2.

Jack Evans headed Chats infront at Honey Lane but they then conceded a penalty while trying to play out from the back, converted by Elyon Marshall-Katung, before Jordan Ababio struck on the counter.

Jack Evans scored twice for Chatham Town
Jack Evans scored twice for Chatham Town

It took Chatham until the 73rd minute to level things up again, with Evans on hand to finish from close range. Three minutes late Reece Butler headed home a Ryan Hayes cross, Dan Bradshaw added the fourth and Moses Abioye ended the goal flurry with their fifth.

Sheppey United also had to come from behind to beat ten-man Deal Town after going down to an early goal from Luke Eldridge. They eventually won 3-1 at the Charles Ground, with winning goals coming in the final 15 minutes.

Jack Midson levelled on 22 minutes before a late quickfire double from substitute Junor Aikhionbare and Warren Mfula turned the game in the Ites’ favour.

The Hoops played much of the game with ten men after their left-back Jack Penny was ordered off for a foul on Danny Leonard on 32 minutes.

Corinthian made it two wins from two but the script was a familiar one.

Charlie MacDonald put home side Glebe a goal up early on but Jack Billings levelled early in the second half and a converted penalty from Oscar Housego 10 minutes from time completed the turnaround and a 2-1 win.

K Sports were denied victory away to Crowborough Athletic after conceding a last-minute penalty, with the game ending 1-1. Austin Edwards had put Sports ahead inside eight minutes.

Fisher came from behind to claim their first win of the league season, beating Tower Hamlets 3-1, thanks to goals either side of the break from Christian Udo and Sam Fitzgerald, before an own goal sealed the points a minute from time.

The game between Erith & Belvedere and Beckenham Town ended 2-2, Henry Dasofunjo and Reece Barrett scoring for the Deres wither side of Town’s goals scored just before the break by Tunde Aderonmu and Ayo Bolarinwa.

Read more: The latest non-league football news from Kent

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More