Published: 10:09, 05 April 2020
| Updated: 10:29, 05 April 2020
Emergency crews were called to a bonfire which spread to a garden hedge, fence and shed.
Firefighters were sent to Gullands in Langley, near Maidstone, at about 8.50pm yesterday.
When they arrived, the crews found the blaze had spread from a nearby bonfire. No one was hurt.
Two fire engines attended and they left just after 9.05pm after making the area safe.
A Kent Fire and Rescue Service spokesman warned of the dangers of bonfires or barbecues in gardens.
They said: "Build your bonfire well clear of buildings, garden sheds, fences, hedges and overhanging branches.
"Keep it to a manageable size and make sure it is evenly built so it collapses inwards as it burns.
"Always have a bucket of water or hosepipe nearby in case of emergency. If the bonfire becomes out of control and catches foliage or property alight, call 999."
They also warned that people should never leave a bonfire burning unattended and always make sure they are put out fully.
More by this authorEllis Stephenson