Home   Maidstone   News   Article

Cigarette probably caused rubbish fire in Maidstone

Firefighters have spent part of this afternoon tackling a rubbish fire believed to have been started by a discarded cigarette.

The fire in Hubert Walter Drive, Maidstone, around 3pm needed two fire engines to tackle the blaze with crews using hose reel jets.

Two fire crews attended the blaze
Two fire crews attended the blaze

No-one was injured, but Kent Fire and Rescue Service have re-issued an appeal for people not to discard cigarettes or matches outside, and to ensure they are fully out before disposing of them carefully.

Read more: All the latest news from Maidstone

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More