Published: 07:10, 30 April 2021
| Updated: 07:34, 30 April 2021
One of the biggest events in Kent's calendar has been postponed and will be replaced with a "scaled back" show.
The Kent County Show was due to be held over a weekend in July at the Kent Showground in Detling but organisers have now said the event will be postponed, with no new date given yet.
In a statement, The Kent County Agricultural Society said: "After many conversations regarding the show plans, we have taken the decision to postpone the large event and instead replace with a scaled back show for 2021, with a keen focus on farming and agriculture.
"We are currently working on detailed plans for each element to ensure we can deliver a fully Covid-19 compliant event whilst also awaiting further clarification from the government on the easing of lockdown and re-opening of the events industry."
Last month, the society announced that The Living Land, a free event teaching school children about food and farming will be held virtually this year.
It is usually part of the lead-up to the Kent County Show and after being cancelled last year due to the pandemic, it will go ahead online on Thursday, May 6.
Under current government plans, large-scale events will be able to take place from June 21, with all legal limits on social contact removed.