Home   Maidstone   News   Article

Discarded match causes blaze at home in Langley near Maidstone

Fire crews attended a blaze at a home in Langley, Maidstone , this morning.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service responded to a call to a house in New Road at 11.30am

Three fire engines were sent. Library image
Three fire engines were sent. Library image

Three fire engines were sent to the scene and crews wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets and main jets to extinguish the flames and then a positive ventilation fan to clear the smoke.

One occupant was treated by ambulance crews for smoke inhalation.

It's believed the fire started accidentally when a match was disposed of while still hot and caused a bin to catch alight.

Following the incident, crews are reminding people not to place hot objects such a matches or lighters in household or external bins.

The crews left the scene at 12.30pm.

Read more: All the latest news from Maidstone

Read more:All the latest news from Weald

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More