Published: 18:00, 12 April 2016
There is a glimmer of hope for controversial property tycoon Fergus Wilson following his dramatic exit from the race to become Kent's police and crime commissioner.
The millionaire landlord had spent several months setting out his vision for Kent Police before electoral returning officer Nadeem Aziz announced his disqualification last week.
The decision was made after Mr Wilson failed to complete his application form and deliver it correctly.
Since then the former boxer and maths teacher has lashed out at what he sees as the electoral commission's pedantry.
"A lot of people have got in touch to say they are appalled by the decision." — Fergus Wilson
At London's High Court today Mrs Justice Lang adjourned Mr Wilson's application for a judicial review into the decision.
She agreed to hear it urgently due to the proximity of next month's election.
It has been listed for a full day hearing at the Queen’s Bench Division Administrative Court on Thursday, April 21.
Mr Aziz must serve his argument by 10am on the Monday, April 18, while Mr Wilson has until 10am on Wednesday, April 20, to file a response.
Speaking today Mr Wilson said his disqualification had hampered his campaign and he really couldn't say if he would run even if the court ruled in his favour.
He said: "It's a practical issue. I really don't know if I'd run," adding: "A lot of people have got in touch to say they are appalled by the decision."
Mr Wilson had previously voiced concern the decision might lead to more women getting beaten up by their partners, due to a key part of his bid being an anti-domestic abuse campaign.