Home   Maidstone   News   Article

House fire in Camp Way, Maidstone leads to a man being taken to hospital

By Claire McWethy

A cordon was set up around a Maidstone house after one man had to be taken to hospital and a second treated for smoke inhalation following a fire.

Police were this morning working with the fire service to investigate the circumstances surrounding the blaze.

It is now being treated as accidental.

Police have set up a cordon around the home
Police have set up a cordon around the home

The fire ripped through a first floor bedroom in Camp Way, off Sutton Road, at around 10.25pm last night.

Two fire engines, paramedics and police rushed to the property, where two men needed treatment for the effects of breathing in smoke and burns.

A man in his 30s was then taken to Pembury Hospital, in Tunbridge Wells, as a priority.

He was fully conscious but had suffered superficial burns to his hands and face as well as smoke related injuries.

A spokesman for South East Coast Ambulance Service said: "Two ambulances were called to the scene at 10.30pm last night following reports that two men had suffered injuries after a fire.

"One man in his 30s required hospital treatment and was taken to Pembury by road just before 11.30pm, while the second ambulance stayed on the scene until midnight."

Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus spent around an hour and a half putting out the blaze.

Follow us

Most popular

Kent Travel News

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More