Home   Maidstone   News   Article

Safety warning as Maidstone shed catches fire from nearby brazier

By Luke May

Firefighters are warning the public to be careful after a fire spread to a shed.

Two fire engines were sent to Downs Road in Maidstone on Saturday night after a fire spread from a brazier across the garden.

A tree was also burnt in the blaze which started at 11.15pm.

Firefighters were called to the shed fire
Firefighters were called to the shed fire

Kent Fire and Rescue Service issued the following warning: "Firefighters are urging the public to take extra care when lighting braziers, barbecues, chimineas or firepits.

"Keep them well away from sheds, buildings, foliage or overhanging branches and never leave them unattended."

The fire was out just after 11.30pm.

Read more: All the latest news from Maidstone.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Follow us

Most popular

Kent Travel News

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More