Published: 07:37, 11 February 2020
| Updated: 13:51, 11 February 2020
One of Britain's most popular Saturday night entertainment programmes, which has been filmed at studios in Maidstone for nearly a decade, has been cancelled.
ITV is said to have axed hit dating game show, Take Me Out, amid claims its ratings have dipped in recent years.
The series, presented by comedian Paddy McGuinness and synonymous with his catchphrase 'no likey, no lighty', has been filmed at Maidstone Studios since 2010.
It has become a cult Saturday night classic, with viewers regularly tuning in to see dozens of single girls unleashed into the dating arena, where eligible single men will then be revealed one by one via the Love Lift.
If their light is left on at the end of the show, they are taken out to the dream destination of the Isle of Fernandos.
Maidstone Studios last year welcomed the return of Supermarket Sweep, rebranded under new host Rylan Clark-Neal, but will soon wave goodbye to Later... with Jools Holland and the musician's Annual Hootenanny.
Confirming the speculation in a video on Twitter, McGuinness told fans: "After 11 series it's time to say goodbye to Take Me Out: eight weddings, six babies and a generation of youngsters who grew up watching us on Saturday night TV.
"Over 10 years ago, ITV took a punt on myself and the show and for that I will be eternally grateful.
"That's before Tinder and Snapchat, Twitter was a little baby, Instagram wasn't a thing and WhatsApp...that was just witchcraft.
"What I'm most proud of is the success of Take Me Out in putting dating shows back on the TV map.
"Thank you to all the boys who braved the Love Lift and most importantly to the stars of the show, the girls - I'm going to miss Saturday nights with you."
Signing off by dropping his daughter's toy microphone, he adds: "Lots of love and for one last time, it's lights out...right, better get to the job centre."
ITV and Maidstone Studios have been approached for comment.