Published: 16:11, 29 June 2020
| Updated: 16:13, 29 June 2020
A group of travellers who set up camp in Maidstone are due to be evicted this evening.
Reportedly, nine mobile homes moved onto the land in Gatland Recreation Ground just after midday on Saturday.
Kent police, along with land owner Maidstone Borough Council (MBC), was notified of the unauthorised encampment immediately.
Now MBC says the travellers have until this evening to vacate.
A spokesperson said: "The occupants have been given until 4pm this afternoon to leave. We will be returning to the site with Police to ensure this happens and that the occupants comply with the requirements on the paperwork they have been served.”
Travellers previously moved onto the same site setting up camp past year.
More by this authorLiane Castle
This website and its associated newspaper are members of the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO)