Published: 06:00, 14 September 2020
| Updated: 08:11, 16 September 2020
A woman has hit out at supermarket chain after she discovered a mysterious plastic-like material in a sausage, which she says one of her three young daughters could have choked on.
Morrisons initially gave Jessica Hunt, 31, £10 on her loyalty card as an apology, which the single mum said was no way near good enough.
However, after being contacted by KentOnline, the supermarket upped the amount to £60, Miss Hunt says.
Miss Hunt bought the sausages from the Sutton Road store in Maidstone, for a family barbecue on August 6.
On her second bite, she knew something wasn't right, and said the material felt rubbery.
"It reminded me of a condom. I didn't pull the whole thing out of the sausage so I don't know how long it was.
"I didn't eat any more after that, I won't be purchasing an any more sausages from there," Miss Hunt said.
She contacted customer services and the sausage was sent back, so it could be inspected by the company.
An email later arrived on August 15, apologising and telling Miss Hunt that she had found part of a glove.
Some 10,000 free points were placed on Miss Hunt's loyalty card, the equivalent on £10.
"10,000 points isn't enough. Myself or one my children could have choked on it, it could have cost one of their lives. I want to be happy this isn't going to happen again," she said.
Miss Hunt's daughters, aged six, three and one, were at barbecue.
'Myself or my children could have choked on it...'
Miss Hunt responded, saying she didn't think £10 was enough, to be told it was "gesture of goodwill".
However, Miss Hunt says Morrisons rang her on Friday, to say they had upped the amount to £60, and despite earlier asserting it was part of a glove, they still didn't know what the material in the sausage was.
Kent Online had contacted Morrisons for a comment earlier that day.
Miss Hunt said: "I still don't think its enough, that could have been one of my children eating it. Other parents need to know to take more care."
The mum is now waiting to hear from the supermarket giant what exactly she found in her food.
In an email to Miss Hunt on August 15, Morrisons said they had made their suppliers aware so they can "look into this", and retrain their staff members in health and safety procedures.
Morrisons has been contacted for comment.