Home   Maidstone   News   Article

Woman treated by paramedics after tumble dryer fire in Calder Road, Maidstone

A woman had to be treated by paramedics after a tumble dryer went up in flames at a home in Maidstone.

Crews in two fire engines were called to Calder Road just after 9am this morning and used a hose reel jet to put the fire out.

Fire crews have issued a warning after a tumble dryer blaze
Fire crews have issued a warning after a tumble dryer blaze

A high pressure fan was then used to clear the building of smoke as the woman was checked over for the effects of inhalation.

Following the blaze, firefighters are reminding people to follow simple tumble dryer safety and maintenance tips to prevent a similar incident.

Colin King, area manager for Customer Safety and Engagement, said: “We strongly encourage members of the public to remove tumble dryer lint after every use, and to register household appliances to ensure they are safe to use.

"It’s best to position tumble dryers, dishwashers and washing machines away from clutter, and not to leave them running overnight or while you’re out, in case they overheat or develop a fault.

“Finally, ensure you have at least one working smoke alarm on each level of your home, so that in the event of a fire – you and your family have time to get out safely.”

Read more: All the latest news from Maidstone

Read more


More by this author


Most popular

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More