Home   Maidstone   Sport   Article

Midweek Ryman League round-up

Maidstone took advantage of Margate's FA Cup commitments to extend their lead at the top of the Ryman League Premier Division to five points.

Frannie Collin scored an injury-time winner in a 2-1 victory over Harrow Borough after Jay Saunders' side had trailed at the break.

VCD's struggles at the foot of the table continued with a 3-0 home defeat by Dulwich Hamlet.

Dean McDonald gave the visitors a half-time lead, with Lewis Gonsalves and Ibrahim Mansaray on target after the break.

Wayne Wilson(left) has swapped Faversham for the Belmont Picture Paul Amos
Wayne Wilson(left) has swapped Faversham for the Belmont Picture Paul Amos

Faversham climbed to second place in Ryman League Division 1 South with a 3-0 home win over Guernsey.

In-form midfielder Wayne Wilson broke the deadlock midway through the second half.

He doubled Town's lead from the penalty spot on 84 minutes, with George Monger adding a late third.

Sittingbourne remain sixth despite a 3-1 home defeat by Hastings.

Tom Brunt scored a last-minute consolation for Brickies after Kenny Pogue, Ade Olorunda and Dave Cook put Hastings in control.

Herne Bay moved level on points with Sittingbourne in seventh place with a 4-0 home win over strugglers East Grinstead.

Steven Ita's sixth-minute opener was followed by a double from on-loan Dan Parkinson, then Danny Williams added Bay's fourth.

Hythe dropped into the bottom three after a 4-1 defeat at fellow strugglers Horsham.

Ross Morley's first-half strike was followed by goals from Junior Kafo, Harry Smith and Troy Williams before Ryan Philpott's late consolation.

An injury-time goal from substitute Kane Rowland secured a 1-1 draw for Whitstable at Tooting & Mitcham.

Tinashe Nkoma had given Tooting the lead early in the second half.

A late goal from Tyrone Hemmings saw Ramsgate beaten 1-0 home by Walton & Hersham.

Chatham slipped to 10th place in Ryman League Division 1 North after losing 2-0 at home to Romford.

Chats fell behind to a Dave Ottley goal, with comeback hopes ended by Ryan Imbert on 73 minutes.

Bradley Warner's double and Charlie Stimson saw Thamesmead beaten 3-0 at high-flying Thurrock.

Margate reached the FA Cup second qualifying round with a 3-1 replay victory over Folkestone at Hartsdown Park.

Ryan Moore's early chip for Gate was cancelled out by Invicta new boy Joe Taylor, who headed home his first goal for the club.

John Beales restored Gate's lead from a corner just before half-time and Terry Brown's team made the tie safe with Zac Attwood's header just after the hour.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More