Published: 07:50, 14 September 2020
| Updated: 07:52, 14 September 2020
Firefighters believe discarded smoking materials were the cause of a grass fire in Aylesford yesterday.
Two fire engines were sent to the scene in Mount Pleasant in Aylesford at 12.20pm, and firefighters arrived to a large amount of grass and undergrowth alight.
Crews used a hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze.
No casualties were reported, and the cause is believed to be accidental due to discarded smoking materials.
Following the incident, firefighters are reminding the public to take extra precautions to reduce the risk of a field fire, to safely dispose of all smoking materials, and to take any rubbish home with you.