Published: 17:18, 09 September 2020
| Updated: 18:03, 09 September 2020
Police will take no further action against organisers of a controversial party which enraged social media with concerns over social distancing.
Officers began an investigation of the event organised by The Swan at West Malling in London Road, Wrotham, on August 31 after posts online appeared to show crowds mingling without precautions against spreading the coronavirus.
Videos on social media showed Love Island winner Jack Fincham, of Swanley, with friends at the packed-out party .
A large marquee was full of people partying, with little to no social distancing or face masks.
Youssef Hassane, from Chatham, who starred on reality show Ex On The Beach, also shared several videos from the gathering.
Kent Police and Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council said they would look into the circumstances surrounding the event .
Sarah Richards was one of those who complained to police in the aftermath, saying: "Please tell me how this is allowed and yet my lovely friends who have wanted to get married for two years have had to postpone their wedding twice this year as they can't have more than 30 guests?"
However, the force has now confirmed no further action will be taken.
A police spokesman said: “While it was taking place, patrols attended the venue to remind people about social distancing advice and encourage them to adhere to Covid-19 regulations.
“Kent Police has carried out a review of the event, against the legislation introduced to deal with breaches of coronavirus regulations, and the force is not in a position to administer fines or fixed penalty notices retrospectively.”
The event cost guests £120 and organisers said social distancing measures were in place and organisers claimed they would be following social distancing guidelines.
But videos and pictures from the event enraged brides-to-be who were upset the pandemic had forced them to postpone their weddings because of restrictions on large gatherings.
"It's a joke and complete slap in the face to brides and the wedding industry..."
Would-be-brides across the county have slammed reality stars and others for attending a party this bank holiday.
Boxley resident Kirsty Mayle described the event as "a slap in the face" to brides.
The 29-year-old was set to marry her partner at The Quee Suites in North Dane Way, Lordswood, but had to rearrange due to coronavirus guidelines.
She said: "We have postponed our wedding twice now after being told last week that we could marry in a register office, but my dad wouldn't be able to walk me down the aisle, our vows would be shortened to only include legal parts and guests were not permitted to speak to each other inside the venue. Then a reception would not include any music and seated at all times.
"Not only does this event make me angry as a bride it makes me angry as a local resident to this pub, while others are struggling to keep their hospitality business afloat and keeping in line with guidelines these organisers have shown a real greedy side to themselves.
"Love Island stars are paid to promote track and trace yet are promoting a rave event without social distancing.
"It's a joke and complete slap in the face to brides and the wedding industry."
The Swan has never responded to requests to comment.