Published: 19:22, 02 June 2020
| Updated: 20:17, 02 June 2020
It has been confirmed that one of the county's most popular music festivals is to be rescheduled for next year.
Organisers of the Rochester Castle Concerts say they will be announcing new dates on Friday.
But it is still unclear what is happening regarding tickets people have bought for this year's shows.
The promoter AGMP, which has taken over the July event from Medway Council, has been repeatedly asked for comment by KentOnline.
In a media release today, it said: "Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, we can confirm all concerts scheduled are being rescheduled to new dates in 2021.
"A full statement will be made via our social media channels and on all ticketing websites on June 5 with the new dates.
"All the details for each of the new concerts will be available from Friday at the websites for all ticket agencies through whom tickets have been purchased.
"Thanks to everyone for their patience during these very difficult times for all."
Usually, purchased tickets are honoured by organisers when events are rescheduled.
However, the question of refunds for people unable to attend the new dates can be a grey area.
The concerts are one of the last major events to be formally cancelled in Kent due to virus safety measures.
AGMP previously said it was waiting for the very latest Government advice before pulling the plug.
Rochester ward councillor Alex Paterson (Lab) – a long-time critic of the council's management of the concerts – says people who paid for an event which hasn't taken place should get a full refund.
He said: "I know some people have been asked to take a credit note or carry their tickets forward, and I understand the financial reasons for that.
"It's very difficult for any promoter in the current climate, even for the likes of Glastonbury, and even worse for those whose events which have been a lossmaker for the past decade. This is a bad moment to try and make a success of it.
"Anyone who's paid money upfront for an event that doesn't take place should get a full refund.
"Equally, I understand people want to support an event and are happy to support the promoter by holding onto tickets, but if people want a refund they should be entitled to one."
This year Jools Holland, The Libertines, The Jacksons, and original members of UB40 were lined up to perform.
Promoters and venues across Britain are set to be hard hit by the virus emergency with thousands of events cancelled.
More by this authorMatt Ramsden
This website and its associated newspaper are members of the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO)