Home   Medway   News   Article

Kitchen fire in Glamford Road, Rochester started in extractor fan

Fire crews were called to a property in Rochester after a kitchen extractor fan caught alight.

A resident from Glamford Road called firefighters at around 2pm after being alerted to the incident by their smoke alarm.

Crews battled the kitchen fire. Stock photo
Crews battled the kitchen fire. Stock photo

Two fire engines were called and on arrival, crews faced smoke issuing from the ground floor.

They entered the building wearing breathing apparatus and contained the fire to the kitchen and put it out using a hose reel.

In the wake of the incident, Kent Fire and Rescue service is reiterating the importance of having, and regularly testing smoke alarms.

Read more: All the latest news from Medway

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More