Published: 15:41, 15 September 2021
| Updated: 17:53, 15 September 2021
A popular pub and hotel is set to reopen a week after a major blaze.
Bosses at The Ship and Trades, St Mary's Island, are looking to welcome back customers on Friday.
However, the business's kitchen will only be operating from Sunday.
The pub has been shut for repairs after a suspected electrical fault in a tumble dryer caused damage.
Four fire engines were called to the Maritime Way site just after 11pm last Friday.
Nobody was seriously injured but a man was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation.
The fire was contained to the first floor laundry room but other areas were affected.
The pub, which is part of the Shepherd Neame group, reported extensive damage to the fabric in the room, smoke damage to the first floor corridor and water damage in surrounding areas.
The company's director of retail and tenanted operations, Nigel Bunting, says some staff have been helping at other pubs this week.
Others have being preparing the Ship and Trades for reopening or had taken annual leave.