Published: 15:18, 13 May 2020
| Updated: 15:20, 13 May 2020
A holiday park chain has announced it will be extending its closure for another month.
Haven, which runs a site in Allhallows on the Isle of Grain, will now not open until at least July 2.
The company says the decision has been taken as the threat of coronavirus continues despite recent changes to the government's lockdown restrictions announced by Boris Johnson on Sunday.
Parks had been due to reopen on June 1 but the company said the safety of guests remains its main priority and that keeping the parks shut is the "right thing to do".
In a statement, Haven said: "We appreciate how disappointing this decision will be for those families that were due to stay with us during this time and wish we could have offered them the Haven experience they were so excited for.
"We’d like to apologise for the disruption caused by the extended closure and hope guests can understand the reason for our decision.
"We are in the process of contacting all those affected with the new options available to them and would encourage guests to continue to check both our website and social media channels for additional updates.
"Thank you to our guests and teams for their continued patience and support during what is undoubtedly a very tough time for so many.
"We look forward to welcoming everyone back to our parks as soon as we feel it’s safe to do so."
More by this authorMatt Leclere