Home   Medway   News   Article

Strood: Firefighters tackle blaze which sparked in a toilet, in Woodstock Road

By Nicola Jordan

An electrical fault may have sparked a fire at a house in Strood in the early hours of this morning.

The occupants were outside when firefighters arrived at the property in Woodstock Road just after 2am.

It is believed to have been caused by a small water heater in the downstairs toilet.

Two fire engines were called to the scene. Stock picture. (5858512)
Two fire engines were called to the scene. Stock picture. (5858512)

Two fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose jet reel to put out the flames and a pressure fan to clear smoke.

There were no reported injuries.

The incident was dealt within an hour.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Follow us

Like Us on Facebook

Most popular

Kent Travel News

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More