Published: 18:15, 28 November 2020
| Updated: 18:16, 28 November 2020
A man was led to safety by firefighters as they tackled a blaze at a property.
Two fire engines were called to Mill Lane, in Chatham, at noon today after reports a fire had broke out in a flat.
He was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene before paramedics took over his treatment.
Firefighters tackled the fire using a high-pressure hose and also needed to batter down a door to reach the inside of the flat.
The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.
It was cleared just after 12.40pm.