Published: 13:42, 03 May 2022
| Updated: 12:41, 04 May 2022
Bouncers at a troubled nightclub attacked revellers and missing children turned up in its strip club, a police report alleges.
Kent Police recorded a number of shocking incidents involving allegations of underage drinking, spiking and car park fights, all of which are said to have taken place at Rochester’s Casino Rooms.
The Blue Boar Lane night spot will be subject to councillor scrutiny after police launched a review into its licence.
Councillors will be asked to consider 11 incidents which have been recorded by police, including allegations of door supervisors assaulting people.
In November, 19-year-old Olivia Calvert was left ill for several days after her drink was spiked on a night out. She claimed bouncers at the club "kicked her out for being drunk".
Several reported incidents of spiking happened at Casino Rooms over the Halloween period.
In January, a customer is said to have been assaulted after being forced out of a toilet cubicle by security.
In another incident on New Year's Day, it is alleged council CCTV shows two door supervisors punching a man who had been thrown out of the club in the head, causing him to fall to the ground.
The police also launched an investigation after a man was assaulted in the club and a "large portion of his ear" was allegedly bitten off following an incident in February.
Multiple fights on different dates in the Blue Boar Lane car park are included in the dossier shown to councillors.
On two occasions, officers located knives in the car park following the altercations.
In another car park fight in January a man is said to have been jumped on, a knuckle duster was used as a weapon and those taking part were captured on CCTV blocking the path of cars.
Officers carrying out welfare checks on children who were previously reported missing noted some of them had claimed to have attended the club.
The children also "suggested" they had been inside Tenshi Gentleman's Club, a strip club which is located in the building.
The most recent report included on the police's representation details an incident where a 17-year-old girl was allegedly spiked in the early hours of Sunday, March 13. An investigation into this is still ongoing.
Following the launch of the review and call for representations, the club said: “We are deeply saddened by Kent Police’s decision.
“We have been continually working closely in partnership with them and are currently in the process of trialling initiatives that have already been discussed with them and the frameworks around their proposals.
“While we actively manage the venue to ensure customer safety and compliance, many of the issues raised are new information.
“We look forward to further working in partnership with Kent Police to reach a harmonious resolution, having had time to review and investigate the information.
“We, in partnership with the police, are committed to ensuring a safe night out for all.”
Casino Rooms was contacted regarding the latest allegations. A spokesman said: "We will be providing a full and detailed response to the alleged representations at the hearing. Giving customers a great and safe night out is always our priority while working in partnership with Kent Police."
The police's report says several meetings have taken place with the venue, and it's been recommended the venue make door staff wear body worn cameras while on duty.
The council's licensing hearing panel will discuss the review at its headquarters Gun Wharf in Chatham on Tuesday, May 10.
During a licence review in 2016, police claimed the venue was responsible for 40% of Medway's violent crime at the time.
The reasons for the review this time round were only given as “failing to promote” the four licensing objectives – “the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, prevention of public nuisance and protection of children from harm”.