Published: 09:46, 07 April 2021
| Updated: 09:57, 07 April 2021
A shop has been damaged in a fire after crews spent almost three hours battling flames and smoke in the building.
Firefighters were called at 4.30am to the commercial building in Strood High Street.
Four fire engines were sent to the scene after the blaze broke out in a store room at the business.
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used hose reel jets to extinguish the flames.
They then used a high pressured fan to clear smoke from the property.
No casualties were reported and the fire service says the cause is believed to have started accidentally as a result of an electrical issue.
Firefighters left the scene shortly before 7.30am.
A fire service spokesman said: "The fire was on the first floor of the building and was contained to the storage room but caused some smoke damage to the rest of the floor."