Published: 14:00, 21 April 2018
| Updated: 14:08, 21 April 2018
Counter terrorism officers have now left a house they were searching in Medway after a man was arrested on suspicion of terror-related offences earlier this week.
Police have revealed this afternoon that officers left the home of Lewis Ludlow in Warren Wood Road, Rochester, last night.
Ludlow, 26, was arrested by police on Tuesday.
Police had remained at his home for four days searching it as their counter terrorism investigation continued.
Ludlow, who was named locally yesterday, remains in police custody, after being arrested for allegedly being involved in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism, under section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000.
Yesterday police said Ludlow was further detained under the under the Terrorism Act (TACT), after Westminster Magistrates' Court authorised a warrant for his further detention.
He can now be held in custody and questioned by Counter Terrorism Police until Wednesday, April 25.
As part of the investigation, officers continued to carry out searches at his home in Warren Wood Road.
Witnesses reported seeing officers searching the property since Tuesday and a large blue tent could be seen outside the home in a close in the road.
A witness who lives near the scene said she believed the man arrested was a white British Muslim convert.
It is believed his arrest may have a connection with activity on Tuesday in nearby St Williams Way.
Officers were seen searching gardens at the front and back of the home.
Neighbours saw them lifting drains. Several police vehicles were parked outside the property.
It is understood Ludlow has lived at the address for more than 10 years with his family.
Earlier today, James Walker, spokesman for Kent Police said: "A scene has been stood down following the search of a private residential address in Warren Wood Road, Rochester.
"The search warrant was carried out as part of a pre-planned and on-going investigation which saw one man arrested and officers left the scene on the evening of Friday, April 20.
"There is no cause for alarm for local residents."