Home   Medway   News   Article

Police investigation after Rebecca Hunt of Strood sent takeaways and taxi

By Rachel Dixon

Police have launched a probe after five takeaways and a taxi were sent to a woman's house.

An Indian, two Chinese meals and a kebab turned up within a few hours one Saturday evening, despite Rebecca Hunt not ordering anything.

She said: “If they were paid for I would have found it funny, all that food would have lasted me a week. But they weren’t.

A taxi also turned up at her home. Stock picture
A taxi also turned up at her home. Stock picture

“Then I had to try to prove to the takeaway men that it wasn’t me ordering food, while trying to get my three-year-old son to go to bed.

“He’s so hyper it was a nightmare.

“It was just a bit frustrating.

“I thought - this is all getting too much.”

The restaurants included The Balti Express in Darnley Road, Strood, Kent Kebab in High Street, Rochester and Chatham Grill, in Bachelor Street, Chatham.

Various food outlets were used to send the food
Various food outlets were used to send the food

Miss Hunt asked them to show her the prankster’s phone number but they refused citing data protection laws.

One of the receipts showed a number but when Miss Hunt tried to call, the phone was switched off.

When a taxi and another kebab turned up the next day, she decided to contact the police.

A kebab and other takeway food was delivered
A kebab and other takeway food was delivered

The 35-year-old, who lives near Strood Sports Centre, said: “I have no idea who was doing it.

“Someone is pretending to be me and they know my address, it’s making me really anxious.

“I did panic, the police are taking it really seriously and are investigating it as a harassment case.

“You hear stories online and see things on social media.

“They start small like this with takeaways and then it gets much worse.

“I saw something about a girl getting a wreath and private ambulances sent to her door, I don’t want that to be me.

“This is making me scared to leave my house.”

Indian food also arrived at her home
Indian food also arrived at her home

Police confirmed they received a report of suspicious activity taking place at an address in Strood at around 8.10pm on Sunday, April 14.

Spokesman James Walker said: “A woman reported that a number of takeaway meals and taxis had been sent to her address that evening and on the previous day, despite her not ordering them.

“During the phone call it was established the informant was safe and not at risk of harm.

“Safety advice was provided over the phone and initial inquiries to establish the full circumstances are under way.”

Read more: All the latest news from Medway

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Follow us

Most popular

Kent Travel News

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More