Published: 15:45, 04 November 2019
| Updated: 16:15, 04 November 2019
The application process for good causes aspiring to be KM Media Group 2020 charities of the year is now closed.
The entries have now been forwarded to the editors of the group’s nine main editions and its multimedia services Kent Online, kmfm and KMTV, who now have the difficult task of choosing their charity partners for the year ahead.
The chosen causes will be invited to a special briefing event later this month, when they will receive advice about how best to maximise their charity-of-the-year status.
Besides receiving invaluable multimedia coverage, the selected charities will also be supported by the KM Charity Team via its collaborative fundraising events, which include the KM Big Bike Ride, the KM Colour Run and abseils.
The current KM Group charities of the year are:
• Kentish Express and Folkestone & Hythe Express: Stroke Association
• Dartford and Gravesend Messenger: Riverside Active Lives Network
• Kent Messenger: Royal British Legion Industries
• Medway Messenger: The Net Community Hub
• Sheerness Times Guardian: Sheppey Sea Cadets
• Sittingbourne News Extra: Meadowfield School
• Thanet Extra: Changing Minds
• Kentish, Herne Bay and Whitstable Gazette and Faversham News: Eva’s Angels
• East Kent, Dover and Sandwich Mercury: The RNLI
• KentOnline, KMTV and KMFM: Victim Support.
Read moreKM Charity Team
More by this authorKentOnline reporter