Home   Sevenoaks   News   Article

Building gutted by 'electrical fire' in Brasted near Sevenoaks

By Jack Dyson

An outbuilding was gutted after by fire, which was believed to be caused by overloaded electrical sockets.

Crews were called to the blaze in St Martins Meadow, Brasted, just before 12.30pm this afternoon.

They removed tiles from the roof of the outhouse in an attempt to quell the flames.

Firefighters were called to the scene. Stock image (2922166)
Firefighters were called to the scene. Stock image (2922166)

There were no injuries and the blaze was contained to the building.

Crews are urging people to check they are not overloading plug sockets and that extension leads are safe before using them.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Follow us

Like Us on Facebook

Most popular

Kent Travel News

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More