Home   Sevenoaks   News   Article

Edenbridge home fire caused by sunlight reflecting off a mirror

A fire in a house is believed to have been caused by sunlight reflecting off a mirror.

Fire crews believe it started when sunlight reflected from a bedroom mirror onto a window frame in Edenbridge.

A fire took place at house on Five Fields Lane, Edenbridge
A fire took place at house on Five Fields Lane, Edenbridge

Crews were called to a house on Five Field Lane, at 9.50am this morning.

All occupants were outside on arrival and no causalities were reported.

Two fire engines attended and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to tackle the blaze.

Crews are advising the public to ensure all mirrors and reflective objects such as crystal and glass ornaments, are kept out of direct sunlight, to reduce the risk of a fire.

Read more: All the latest news from Sevenoaks


More by this author


Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More