Home   Sheerness   News   Article

Man taken to hospital after chip pan fire in Thames Avenue, Sheerness

A man had to be taken to hospital after a chip pan fire.

Crews were called to Thames Avenue, Sheerness, at about 9.10am after the pan was left on the hob.

The damage after the chip pan fire in Thames Avenue, Sheerness. Picture: Kent Fire and Rescue Service
The damage after the chip pan fire in Thames Avenue, Sheerness. Picture: Kent Fire and Rescue Service

It then caught fire and spread to the kitchen cupboards.

Two fire engines arrived and firefighters used breathing gear and a hose to put it out while a high-pressure fan cleared the building of smoke.

The man was outside when crews arrived and he was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation.

Medics looked him over before taking him to Medway Maritime Hospital for further treatment.

For more news on fires in the county, click here

Read more: All the latest news from the Isle of Sheppey


More by this author


Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More