Home   Sittingbourne   News   Article

Forgotten pan causes Sittingbourne kitchen blaze

Two fire engines were called to a blaze at a home in Newbridge Avenue, Sittingbourne.

The house was heavily smoke-logged on their arrival. Crews used hose reel jets to extinguish a fire in the kitchen, before clearing the property of smoke with a high pressure fan.

Two fire crews tackled the blaze
Two fire crews tackled the blaze

One occupant and two pet dogs were rescued from the house, and the occupant was passed into the care of South East Coast Ambulance for treatment for smoke inhalation.

The fire is believed to have started accidentally due to an item being left on the kitchen hob.

Following the incident which happened at around 10.50 this morning, are reminding the public to keep cooking areas clean and clear at all times and to fit smoke alarms.

Read more: All the latest news from Sheppey

Read more: All the latest news from Sittingbourne

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More