Published: 13:46, 23 April 2021
| Updated: 13:58, 23 April 2021
A 13-week-old puppy is fighting for its life after eating suspected poisoned meat that was thrown over its owner's fence.
Jack Henderson's Malamute and Husky mix, called Fly, has been to the vets twice since the weekend after eating meat, which he believes was covered in anti-freeze and lobbed into his garden.
The incident happened on Sunday at his home in Russell Close, Borden, near Sittingbourne. It backs onto Borden Nature Reserve, which the dad thinks is being targeted by twisted thugs to harm animals.
He said: "To see Fly go from a normal bouncy pup to almost dead within a few hours and not knowing what was going on has just been horrible.
"Loads of chunks of meat have been found soaked in anti-freeze in and around the nature reserve and we believe some scum bags threw some over our garden fence and our pup picked it up and ate it.
"She was on the mend yesterday but has been taken to the vets again today as she's gone down hill."
It comes after a similar incident at Cromer's Woods in Sittingbourne where a one-year-old dog was forced to be put down after eating a poison-laced sausage roll.
Roxy, a border terrier, became lethargic, was unable to stand and began to bleed after digesting what was suspected to be rat poison.
Speaking about the recent events, an angered Jack said: "It’s absolutely outrageous. To think people do not care on the actions and the consequences that come with it.
"I just want to get it shared out there to people walking in the area that it's happening more and more, especially in the Sittingbourne area and stop these low life scum before any more dogs and families have to suffer."
Jack will be reporting the incident to police as soon as Fly is recovering as his "full focus is on her getting better".
Borden Parish Council have been approached for comment.