Home   Thanet   News   Article

Fire crews warn residents to evacuate homes following house fire in Glebe Gardens, Margate

By Sam Williams

Neighbours were told to leave their homes after a blaze started in a top floor bedroom.

Fire crews were called to Glebe Gardens, in Margate at 9.20pm last night following 999 calls reporting flames and smoke coming from a bedroom window on the top floor of a house.

Two engines were quickly sent to the scene and crews fought the blaze in the front bedroom in breathing apparatus, using a covering jet, hose reel jets and positive pressure ventilation fan.

Neighbours were told to leave their homes
Neighbours were told to leave their homes

The fire was out by 10.04pm and there were no reports of any casualties.

The extent of the damage to the house is not known.

Firefighters left the scene at 10.40pm.

Read more: All the latest news from Thanet

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More