Published: 11:28, 16 July 2020
| Updated: 14:40, 16 July 2020
Bosses at the troubled restaurant firm Frankie & Benny's have unveiled plans to reopen restaurants across Kent.
Several branches will reopen across the county next month - initially for click and collect and delivery but then for dine-in.
The future of Kent stores had been thrown into doubt after creditors of The Restaurant Group (TRG) voted in favour of a restructuring deal which will see the firm significantly slash its leisure portfolio.
Further to six branches that opened across the country, the firm has now announced that will be reopening in the county.
The Gillingham branch will start click and collect and delivery on August 17 - with dine-in available from August 20.
A number of measures will be enforced to comply with social distancing - including signs, enhanced cleaning practices, mandatory health screening for staff and increased hand washing.
The menus are single use and contactless order and payment will be encouraged as well.
Guests have been asked to book in advance and will be encouraged to pay at the table.
Diners' contact details will be collected through the digital platforms and stored for 21 days, in accordance to government guidance.
CEO of the leisure division Mark Chambers said: "We are delighted to be reopening Frankie & Benny’s and very much look forward to welcoming back our guests."
He said the firm is starting with a handful of restaurants and is aiming to have 35 open across the country by the end of the month.
"Our priority will be to ensure the health and safety of our teams and guests whilst providing a first-class experience," he added.
More by this authorBrad Harper
This website and its associated newspaper are members of the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO)