Home   Thanet   News   Article

Man treated for smoke inhalation after firefighters tackle blaze in Devonshire Gardens, Cliftonville, near Margate

A man in his 40s was given oxygen treatment after a fire broke out at a block of flats.

Fire crews attended the blaze involving an outside utility cupboard in Devonshire Gardens, in Cliftonville, at 6.17pm yesterday.

It happened around 6.17pm yesterday
It happened around 6.17pm yesterday

The resident was treated for minor smoke inhalation at the scene.

On arrival, crews found a small fire, and wearing breathing apparatus they used a dry powder extinguisher to put out the fire.

A UK Power Networks engineer isolated the supply before duty of care was left with the landlady.

Read more: All the latest news from Thanet

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More