Home   Thanet   News   Article

Maggie the cat, of Ramsgate, owned by Jordan Baynes, dies after eating foreign object


More news, no ads

LEARN MORE

A pet owner is warning people to dispose of their food by-products carefully following her cat's death.

A vet found elastic-like material in Maggie's stomach and intestines from a joint of meat.

Maggie, who died on Saturday. Picture courtesy of Jordan Baynes
Maggie, who died on Saturday. Picture courtesy of Jordan Baynes

Despite intensive care she died yesterday.

Now heartbroken owner Jordan Baynes, of Ramsgate, has said: "I never thought of it before, but please if your meat has something like this cut it up.

"This all could of been avoided. Now we have heartbroken children and huge bills left to be paid."

Maggie had gone missing for a couple of days and it it thought she had swallowed the material while looking for food during that time.

After being found seriously ill by neighbours she was taken to a veterinary surgery in Canterbury and the object was discovered when the vet operated three days later.

Maggie, seriously ill and treated by a vet before she died. Picture courtesy of Jordan Baynes
Maggie, seriously ill and treated by a vet before she died. Picture courtesy of Jordan Baynes
The material that Maggie swallowed. Picture courtesy of Jordan Baynes
The material that Maggie swallowed. Picture courtesy of Jordan Baynes

Mrs Baynes said: "The damage was too much, Maggie deteriorated and unfortunately we had to say goodbye."

The bill has amounted to thousands of pounds and a friend of the family, Tamsin Goddard of Dover, has set up a crowdfunding page to get financial help before Maggie died.

By today 93 people had donated, raising £1,037 out of a target figure of £4,000.

If you want to donate go to click here.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More